Roofing By Hernandez April 13, 2018
Insurance Claims Explained
Insurance Claims Explained. Though most people don’t think of it as such, your roofing actually plays an integral role in the overall structural integrity of your home. So, when something bad happens to it, be it from weather or sheer coincidence, it pays to have insurance in place to quickly get the problems solved and your home or business back in tip-top shape. Roofing by Hernandez specializes in assisting our customers with their insurance claims to do what we can to minimize the delays and red tape inherent in dealing with insurance carriers.
Before we get into dealing with the insurance company, it’s important to find out exactly what kind of coverage you have: ACV coverage or RCV coverage. Depreciation means ACV coverage may not pay for the full cost of replacing your roof – especially if it’s older. That’s why a replacement cost coverage policy, which covers everything after your deductible, is always a safer play.
So, knowing what kind of policy you have is only the first step. The next is calling (312) 439-0556 to speak with one of the expert claims specialists from Roofing by Hernandez about your roofing issue. We’ll schedule the earliest opportunity to have a specialist out to your location to assess the damage and provide an estimate for the needed repair or replacement.
With the estimate from our specialist in hand you’ll know whether or not the damage sustained will cost more than you deductible to repair or replace. If so, it’s time to call the insurance company to make a claim. Our expert will stay with you and assist you and your insurer through the process with any roofing information needed to finalize the claims process. This often includes meeting with an insurance adjuster to explain the estimate and any other viable options for addressing the problem.
Once the adjuster has signed off on the estimate, you’ll be sent the first of two checks for the work from your insurance company. This down payment will be used to get the roofing work underway and the second check will pay the outstanding balance when all work has been completed. It’s a complicated and confusing process for many home or business owners, but it doesn’t have to be; not if you partner with Roofing by Hernandez.Read More
Roofing By Hernandez February 24, 2018
Roofing Estimates Explained
Roofing Estimates Explained. Whether you own a residential or commercial property, your roofing is a large part of that investment and any work that needs to be done, be it repair or replacement, will require at least one (but preferably more) roofing estimates from reputable roofing contractors. With so much at stake, getting several estimates is a best practice simply because it allows you to compare one directly to another in an attempt to identify any and all discrepancies between the two. With even more estimates, you’ll get a much clearer picture of the real costs of your roofing project and be much better prepared to choose the good from the bad.
No matter how many companies you call for a roofing estimate, there are some things you can expect to find common amongst all the estimates you receive. These standard items should be clearly defined to give you the best idea of what costs what and why. These items are:
- Project Responsibilities: Who’s responsible for specific work.
- Project Timelines: Start and end dates.
- Payment Terms: Payment amounts and dates.
- Cost Labor & Materials: How much both will add to total.
- Cost for Permitting: How much to handle permits.
- Debris Removal: Will cleanup add to cost?
- Materials Information: Including underlayment, flashing, shingles, etc.
- Warranty Information: Both manufacturer and contractor.
- License & Insurance: This should be included upon request.
When you work with Roofing by Hernandez, you can rest assured that all these things will be provided with our free estimate in the hopes that you’ll choose us to work with for your roofing project to day and all those to follow. We’re the right fit for whatever you’re planning and will deliver the results you’ve always wanted at prices you can afford. So, pick up the phone and call (312) 439-0556 today for the best workmanship in all Chicago!Read More
Roofing By Hernandez January 23, 2018
Chicago Roofing Tips
Chicago Roofing Tips. There are a great many useful tips for keeping your roofing going as long as possible and some of these can be easily handled by you, the home or business owner, without the need for calling in the professionals from Roofing by Hernandez. We know our prices are the best in town, but we understand that some regular seasonal maintenance is enjoyable to the average property owner. It gives you the sense of ownership you forget when you’re too long from the tasks that keep your structure humming along throughout the years. So, here are five tips for the summertime and five more for winter to keep you busy with tasks all year long. But, don’t forget to call (312) 439-0556 for the big problems and let our pros take care of the heavy lifting.
Summer in Chicago has its own unique appeal and for most of us that appeal is tied directly to sunshine and the outdoors. It’s understandable after slogging through snowfall and freezing temperatures all winter that we’d want to get out into the fresh air as soon as we can, so here are a few things roof-related you can handle while you’re outside and save yourself future headaches.
- Check to make sure your exhaust fans are free of debris and working properly.
- Check drains and gutters for any clogs that could cause backups during rains.
- Check your roofing and attic (if applicable) for any small signs of damage. If you spot anything, call Roofing by Hernandez for a roofing inspection.
- Look for missing, damaged, or lose shingles or roof tiles. If found, call the pros at Roofing by Hernandez for immediate repairs.
- Check your roofing, vents, components, and attic (if applicable) for signs of any pests and call the appropriate pest removal company immediately. If needed, call Roofing by Hernandez for repairs.
Winter will be here before we know it and it brings its own set of unique challenges to your roofing. These challenges are best dealt with by the experts from Roofing by Hernandez, but you can do your part as the home or business owner to keep your roofing going strong for as long as you possibly can. After all, those extra years are extra return on your initial roofing investment, so doing your part is just sound ownership. Here’s what you can do:
- Inspect and trim any trees surrounding your home. These can break under the weight of ice and snow and cause damage to your home. Better to get them trimmed up before it’s too late.
- Clean your home or business’s rooftop gutter system. These gutters play a vital role in moving the precipitation and snowmelt from your rooftop to the ground, so clearing them of any debris is a must.
- Install an attic ventilation system (if applicable) to help circulate the air in your attic. This will prevent snow and ice from accumulating on your shingles and causing them to warp from the stresses.
- Inspect your rooftop flashing to ensure it is seated and attached properly in all areas across the structure. This is imperative to keeping moisture out of extremely sensitive areas. Call Roofing by Hernandez if you find any problems.
- Replace any loose or damaged shingles to keep your roofing working at peak efficiency. Missing shingles can cause all sorts of trouble once the snow and ice hit, so have them replaced as soon as they’re discovered.
That’s all it takes, ten little steps, and your roofing will keep on protecting you and your property from the worst that Mother Nature can throw at it – especially when coupled with proactive roof maintenance from Roofing by Hernandez. That’s a winning formula for roofing that lasts years and years and all it takes is one call to (312) 439-0556.