Roofing Estimates Explained
Roofing Estimates Explained. Whether you own a residential or commercial property, your roofing is a large part of that investment and any work that needs to be done, be it repair or replacement, will require at least one (but preferably more) roofing estimates from reputable roofing contractors. With so much at stake, getting several estimates is a best practice simply because it allows you to compare one directly to another in an attempt to identify any and all discrepancies between the two. With even more estimates, you’ll get a much clearer picture of the real costs of your roofing project and be much better prepared to choose the good from the bad.
No matter how many companies you call for a roofing estimate, there are some things you can expect to find common amongst all the estimates you receive. These standard items should be clearly defined to give you the best idea of what costs what and why. These items are:
- Project Responsibilities: Who’s responsible for specific work.
- Project Timelines: Start and end dates.
- Payment Terms: Payment amounts and dates.
- Cost Labor & Materials: How much both will add to total.
- Cost for Permitting: How much to handle permits.
- Debris Removal: Will cleanup add to cost?
- Materials Information: Including underlayment, flashing, shingles, etc.
- Warranty Information: Both manufacturer and contractor.
- License & Insurance: This should be included upon request.
When you work with Roofing by Hernandez, you can rest assured that all these things will be provided with our free estimate in the hopes that you’ll choose us to work with for your roofing project to day and all those to follow. We’re the right fit for whatever you’re planning and will deliver the results you’ve always wanted at prices you can afford. So, pick up the phone and call (312) 439-0556 today for the best workmanship in all Chicago!